Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What's it all about, Alfie?



Alright friends, since the whole point of this blog is to document my (possibly painful and hilarious) attempts to accomplish 30 new things before I hit 30, I thought it might be time to share my list with you. Not all of these are wild and crazy, but they all represent a challenge for me in one way or another. So here goes:

  1. Go on a zipline
  2. Take at lease one singing lesson
  3. Learn enough French to hold a conversation
  4. Try sake
  5. Dye my hair a ridiculous colour
  6. Volunteer
  7. Learn to make Indian food
  8. Take part in a flash mob
  9. Spend a night in the desert
  10. See a Shakespeare play not done by teenagers
  11. Create a sketchbook diary and use it everyday for at least a month
  12. Give my sister a perfect day
  13. Make pesto from scratch with basil I grew myself
  14. Take a trip in a hot air balloon
  15. Learn to juggle
  16. Take a photography course
  17. Hold a tarantula
  18. Learn one song the whole way through that isn't work related (in other words, not Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
  19. Get my drivers license
  20. Go on a backpacking trip with The Mister (otherwise known as my incredible and gorgeous husband)
  21. Go to an opera
  22. Create a piece of art that I'm proud enough of to show people/hang on a wall
  23. Read 75 of the top 100 modern novels (as passed on to me via a Facebook note)
  24. Try yoga consistently for a month
  25. Stay up all night to watch the sun rise (not the same as getting up early to watch the sun rise as suggested by The Mister!)
  26. Do the No Pants Day subway ride (S, I'm holding you to your offer to do it with me!)
  27. Ride an elephant
  28. Make brownies that taste like brownies, not chocolate cake
  29. Make a meal with my mom
  30. Host a dinner party where I actually cook everything
So there it is. Any comments? Suggestions? Offers to help/join me? Additions to my list?

4 comments:

  1. So, its a date-I am taking you ziplining! We should get Kirsten and Tiff in on it, and make it a foursome! Soooooo much fun, its been almost a year since I did it last, so am ready for another go at 'er!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw...so proud of you taking on all these challenges! (except # 17---shudder....) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Danielle,

    Three, four, seventeen and twenty three are mine.

    I speak fluent french, I'll start to teach you a little bit?

    We will go for sushi on Saturday the 13th of March when you are here and I will introduce you to the wonders of that drink. Start Saturday with a bang and just drink at every meal? Maybe mamosa's for breakfast? :P

    Ugh! I hate spiders, but I'll take you to the Victoria Bug Zoo, they have one there that you can hold. Just be aware I will be taking tons of pictures which will then be all over Facebook.

    Book Club? Why don't we look at the list and pick something to get started on and hold eachother to it, slowly working our way down the list?

    I'd also say twentyone as I really want to see an opera, but I'm sort of assuming that you are going to be doing that one with your hubby too as it kinda romantic? Let me know if you want me to find us tickets to one though! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay baby, I'm bringing my camera next weekend! Opera - no, not something I'd subject the Mister to, but I'd love to do with you! You're on for everything else! Can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete