Tuesday, April 6, 2010

#22

Alright friends, time for a confession.

Of all the things on my list, number 22, create a piece of art that I'm proud enough of to show people/hang on a wall, is the one that scares me the most. Those of you who know me might have guessed it would be the tarantula holding, or the backpacking trip (since I have slight princess tendencies and weigh roughly the same as a wet piece of paper), but I've always wanted to introduce myself as "Danielle the artist". I love to draw, paint, sculpt, and generally get messy. However, I am very critical of myself and easily discouraged. Art is one of those things we tend to assume you need to have an inborn talent for, and friends, I do not have an inborn talent for art. So, while I come up with plenty of ideas, I find myself getting frustrated by my efforts to get it down on paper, and often give up for months at a time.

You can see why number 22 might be difficult then, right?

Well, I'm working on it. Last week, I took a BIG step. I volunteered to paint something on the window of my classroom. Where it'll be seen. By lots of people. I may not want to hang it on my wall, but I've really put myself out there. Here's the result:






No comments:

Post a Comment