Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mmm chicken...

It's Thursday friends! Which means that it's time for another Things I Love Thursday!

This week I have to profess my deep and abiding love of Indian food. The colours, the smells, the beautiful spices, the rich variety of tastes... it's all good. All of it. Which is why number 7 on my list is learn to make Indian food. Vancouver is a foodie's paradise, and we have some fantastic Indian restaurants here, but eating out every time I crave biryani or dhosa would get very expensive very quickly. So what's a girl to do? Make it myself of course! Good thing I like cooking...

Here's the book I've been working my way through:




It's probably not that authentic, but with "cooking school" in the title I figure it's about my speed.

The Mister and I eat a lot of chicken, and one of his restaurant favorites is tandori chicken. Tonight I decided to give it a try. Here's what it's supposed to look like:




There are a lot of steps but it's actually not that hard. This works out well for me since a lot of the chicken recipes in the book use tandori chicken as a base. Here's my version!



My verdict? Pretty good actually! I'll have to play around with the spices a bit more but I'll happily make it again. The Mister's verdict? He was his usual eloquent self of course!

T.M: "Mmm"
Me: "Is it ok?"
T.M: "Yup."
Me: "Does it taste like the one you get at the restaurant?"
T.M: "Don't remember. S'good though."

No comments:

Post a Comment