Wednesday, June 30, 2010

In which I show some love for local talent

By now you've probably figured out that my two great passions are music and things that make me laugh. Right there is where one of my favorite local bands come in. Headwater is a fantastic Vancouver based folk/roots band that I was lucky enough to discover on the ferry of all places. I was coming back from visiting Sister in Victoria (site of previous adventures in spider wrangling and sake tasting), had finished my book and done the obligatory browse through the gift shop, and was looking for a way to keep myself entertained. Lucky for me, Headwater was coming back from a gig on Saltspring Island (I think), and fabulous people that they are, they decided to take advantage of their captive audience and play right then and there. I've since learned that this is pretty normal for them, and I love them for it. Every time I get on the ferry now I hope they'll be there. 


ANYWAY, they've recently put together a hilarious re-make of Katy Perry's I Kissed A Girl. See? Music and things that make me laugh. Great tie back right? Here's the video. My favorite moment? The random geese chasing that seems to have nothing to do with the rest of the video. Awesome stuff. 


I kissed a girl from Headwater (Official) on Vimeo.

1 comment: