Friday, June 18, 2010

My life just got happier

Alright, I have to admit that I'm stealing borrowing this. One of my favorite bloggers, the amazing Ms. Von of Yes and Yes fame, posted this link earlier today and I'm about ready to propose to her for her habit of continually suggesting great gadgets, music, websites, etc. This time she's brought the genius that is www.steriomood.com to her reader's attention. This website is everything that I love about the music scene. Since there's very little music that I don't like, I love discovering new bands and sounds, and this site is perfect for that. The tagline is "tuning your emotions", and let me tell you friends, I'm the type of person who chooses music based on how I'm feeling, so I'm loving this.

Here's how it works: Go to the site, and click on a tag that describes your mood. You will then be taken to a play list of great music that people have tagged as fitting in with that mood. That's it. From there you can add songs to your own play list, send a song to a friend, buy music, and tag songs to add them to other play lists.  I'm currently listening to the "sunny day" mix, but with tags like "epic", "asleep on my feet", and "bicycle" I don't think I'm going to run out of great music any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment