Tuesday, October 19, 2010

# 10


 
So guess what? It turns out I'm posh. Yup, posh. I'm a wine drinking, opera going, dance class taking, Shakespeare quoting classy, classy lady. Despite my proclivity for beer swilling and my occasional trucker mouth. 
Alright, so the Shakespeare thing isn't so much quoting as singing along at the top of my voice to this song. Aaaaand I didn't even realize that the lyrics were Shakespeare quotes til my  (sort of) recent encounter with Bard on the Beach. But I'm counting it anyways!

This summer, Bard on the Beach produced the play Much Ado About Nothing. It's one of Shakespeare's best loved comedies, and for good reason. It's a love story about two people who profess to hate each other, and man, the banter that goes on between those two makes me think I need to hire some writerly dude to follow me around and feed me lines. Imagine it - instead of merely asking how your day is going when I meet you, I could dazzle you with my witty repartee! I'd provide an example of what I mean, but really that's why I'd need someone to write the lines for me. This blog here? It's about as witty as I get. 

So, Much Ado About Nothing was fabulous. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe! I laughed so hard I saw it twice! No really, I actually did see it twice. Even knowing the lines before the actors said them didn't make it any less funny, or well acted, or moving. I loved the whole experience. Plus, it's another one off my list! Number 10 down!

Oh, to complete the lineup of classy things I've done lately, The Mister and I are going to the symphony next month.Pretty soon I'm going to start calling everybody daaaahling.


 P.S. I just went to the gym for the first time in, like, a year. I'm so friggin' proud of myself I could burst!

No comments:

Post a Comment