Sunday, October 10, 2010

Grace




Happy Thanksgiving friends! You know what I'm thankful for this year? All of you, my readers. I thought that it was pretty much only my Facebook friends who read this, but I checked my stats for the first time yesterday and it turns out I have readers from as far away as Russia. This may be a tiny little blog that I've done pretty much for my own enjoyment, but it's nice to know someone out there is listening. Oh, and guess what!? I just figured out that I had the comments section set so that only "followers" of my blog could comment. I've changed that now, so comment away! I love reading what you write! Don't make me beg, now.
So guess what? A couple of my friends and I have signed up for dance classes at a local studio! I'm pretty excited about this. While I may do yoga now and have even managed to go skiing a few times without breaking any bones, graceful I am not. I was looking through a friend's photos of our last big night out, and it seems that my signature move is "throw your hands in the air like you just don't care". That, right there, is why I need dance classes.

Now, while I love music and have a nearly impossible time keeping still when I hear something I like, I don't have much of a sense of rhythm. Other friends who say they are dance - challenged still nearly fall on the floor laughing when they see me attempt anything remotely formal with actual steps. I mean, who uses steps? I just kind of wiggle my hips and hope for the best. Oh, and throw my hands in the air like I just don't care. Right. 

The studio we've signed up with is offering a range of classes, and we want to try them all. There's hip-hop, zumba, contemporary dance, and even something called burlesque beauties. I'm not sure if I'd quite have the guts to go on my own, but with my two friends supporting me (read: laughing so hard they won't be able to concentrate on their own moves, which just might be my master plan), I'm going to give it a go.

Here's hoping I don't make any of the instructors quit out of sheer frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment