Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wanderlust

You know, I love my life. I really do. I've been able to do some incredible things. I've lived in four countries in the space of five years, landed my dream job, swam with stingrays, and made some awesome friends. How lucky am I?!

All of that amazing stuff has taught me to want more - out of life, out of myself, out of the world around me. It's taught me that the path I'm on doesn't have to be the path I'll be on for the rest of my life, and that pleasure can come from the most unexpected sources, so I'd better not say no.

All of that has a downside though. Every once in awhile I start to feel a bit... stuck. Like I need a change, and a big one. My insatiable wanderlust kicks in and I want to drop everything and just go. Anywhere. Everywhere. I want that excitement tinged with fear that starting all over from scratch can bring. I want the opportunities for self discovery that come with being in a completely unfamiliar place. It's intoxicating! The problem is, I know that the place I'm living, the life I'm leading, is right for me right now. I'm still loving my life here, and more to the point, I know I'm not done with this path. 

So my question is, do any of you ever feel like you want to just pick up and go? Like this need to experience something new is going to make you burst? What do you do when you feel like that?
Or do I just have a really short attention span?


By the way, I still can't add links to my pictures and it looks like I can't add links in the text again, so here's the link to the above gorgeous picture: http://moshfly.deviantart.com/art/Wanderlust-142233692?q=boost%3Apopular+wanderlust&qo=104

No comments:

Post a Comment